FEBRUARY: Gathering for Communal Care
Grab some art supplies, a journal, and a writing utensil and get together with at least one other person, in real life, for a conversation based on the month's topic: communal care. We hope this gathering will lead to an increased understanding of complex and often difficult topics through authentic conversation, and increase solidarity in our communities to create a basis for future organizing.
The days are short and our futures uncertain. We need to care for one another, for ourselves. Gather together this month to sustain yourself and your community. Follow our prompts but please follow yourselves first; do what you need to feel connected and cared for.
- Self introduction
- What brought you to today's gathering?
- What are you hoping will come of today's gathering?
- Draw, write, dance, sing, somehow express how you are currently feeling?
- What is wearing on you today?
- What are some positive phrases or affirmations that you can share and say with the group?
- Is there a comfortable way to physically care for each other?
- Like braiding hair, painting nails, back rubs, sharing food or drink, hand holding, etc.
- What are some free or inexpensive ways to have a good time together?
- How can you continue to tangibly care for one another?
- When will you be together again?
- Consider beginning an email chain, or a group text, to stay connected and to share ideas/thoughts/feelings while you’re apart.
- How can you make the time you spend together intentionally healing/healthful?
Closing / Artifact 2
- Create a self portrait/emotional landscape.
- Give some love.