by Aiano Nakagawa
I love tomatoes. I love garlic. I love basil. I love olive oil & balsamic. And of course, I love cheese and bread.
If you like these things too, you will love this simple, delicious, and affordable recipe.
What you'll need:
1. Dice your tomato, mince your garlic, julianne your basil, grate your cheese and add them in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add the olive oil, balsamic, salt & pepper to the same bowl as the tomato, garlic, basil, and cheese. Mix it well so everything is well incorporated. Let this sit at room temp for around an hour. The longer it sits, the more the flavors set and come together.
3. When you're ready to eat, turn on your oven to "broil." If you have a toaster oven, you can use that. Vertical toasters will not work - the olive oil will drip and could cause a fire.
4. Cut your baguette length wise then into 3" pieces (or whatever size you want). Lay them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Put in the oven for around 2-3 min, until golden. Keep a close eye on them. Broilers are serious business and you can easily go from perfectly golden bread to hella burnt toast in the matter of seconds.
6. Spoon the bruschetta onto the toasted bread and enjoy. Sprinkle some grated parm on top for an extra yummy treat.
Welcome to FOOD TALK. We encourage you to take a look at our post "FOOD TALK 101" to gain some insight into how we view food here at AFO. To do this, you can use the search bar above and search for the post "FOOD TALK 101."