by Aiano Nakagawa
What you'll need:
1. rinse and prep veggies (and bacon)
2. Heat large pot and add bacon
3. Once bacon is browned, add garlic and saute for 2 min
4. Add all veggies and a pinch of salt, cook till translucent (apporox. 7 min)
5. Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, water turmeric, cumin and bay leaves, stir to combine
6. Cook on high and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook on a low simmer until lentils are tender, approximately 45 min.
7. Enjoy! Add salt and pepper to taste.
Welcome to FOOD TALK. We encourage you to take a look at our post "FOOD TALK 101" to gain some insight into how we view food here at AFO. To do this, you can use the search bar above and search for the post "FOOD TALK 101."